Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Been Too Long

It has been far too long since I have written here I know. So much seems to have happened in the last few weeks have taken up my mind, I have found it very hard to think clearly enough to sit and write. And as I write I get more and more annoyed at our computer that seems to slowly be dying on us. Thankfully we should have our new computer, that is sitting in El Paso at the guesthouse, next week...if some wonderful friends of ours will have room for it:) Here is an update on our kiddos and possibly us if I can think of something...

Nolan now has his first 2 teeth. The first one really bothered him more than any other tooth that ever joined one of our kids, and the second tooth came without a warning. He also decided 3 weeks ago that he could roll over from stomach to back, and back to stomach...twice in half hour...and of course hasn't done it since. His happiest place is his jolly jumper, where he has been known to jump for up to an hour before he's ready for a nap. Nolan also gave me the biggest gift possibly 1 1/2 weeks ago...he decided he could sleep straight through the night....meaning I now get some wonderful sleep. And when I say sleep straight through...I mean he's in bed around 7:30 in the evening...we wake him for a bottle around 9 (he barely even notices drinking a whole bottle) and he sleeps until around 7:30 in the morning. Needless to say..I'm loving it:)

Emma...haha...I never know what to say about her. Typical middle child? Nothing is really new with her, she continues to be an extreme drama queen, screaming if something doesn't go her way. She also screams if she gets frustrated at not being able to do something...she's a very independent child. Emma is a smart kid, learning from Brooklyn how to write things, say things, and do different things. She learns very quickly too. Emma is also now in the stage where she doesn't need naps every day. Today she did have a nap, which means she's not really quite tired yet when we put the girls to bed. So tonight once again we gave her a book to look at in her bed. 1/2 hour later she was calling so I went to her. And she so sweetly said "can you cover me now I'm ready to sleep". Oh so cute..as it's not like her at all. Normally she'd yell and so on to do anything possible not to go to sleep.

Brooklyn is excelling in school, and we often see notes from her teacher now encouraging her and saying how well she is doing. Up until last week all the teaching was in English on different things like learning about the farm. But now they have started learning the alphabet in Spanish which is even more improving her Spanish. I have tried so often to videotape her speaking but she refuses to talk Spanish when the camera is rolling. We are just so proud of her. Brooklyn has had her first dentist visits as well. She is terrified of anything new so we are so thankful to have found an amazing dentist for kids, who has worked with kids like her who have this fear. It took 3 visits to get a cleaning done...encouraging her every time to try something new like sitting in the chair. And this dentist just has so much patience for her. We, along with grandparents, have been doing lots of praying for her to have courage for this appts. Today the dentist confirmed that Brooklyn has 2 small cavities, and 2 large deep ones that she'll need root canals for. Thursday is her first of 2 appts to get these done. Please pray for her as she has these long appts, 1 1/2 hours each. Thursday at 4 is her first appt.

Well, I am now so frustrated with my computer at how long this took to actually type, that my mind is exhausted. So that will be it for now.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So prayiing for you all..especially for Brooklyn to continue on with having so much courage. God will be very near to her, as so many are praying for her.
Her donut awaits her later, remember:)
Grandma & Grandpa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...