Sunday, June 24, 2012

Project Finished

I'm really excited that I finished my first DIY project. I had this idea of what I wanted and it's taken a while to put together, but now with my mom's help we got it done and onto the wall. I've seen on Pinterest all these different fabric covered canvas and loved that idea. We have needed something on our dining room wall for 8 months already and just didn't find anything. So with this idea, and a dish plate with the colors I wanted in hand, we headed to the fabric store on Wednesday to start this project. We found fabric I liked in a couple of stores, came home and the next day started stapling (I now have found holding a staple gun feels extremely empowering haha). Tonight we hung them and I think it's safe to say I LOVE how it turned out. The colors are pretty much exactly those on our dishes we use daily. The middle canvas looks black, but is actually a very dark brown. Here's a pic to show:)




1 comment:

Mommy Moment said...

DIY projects are so fun! I just never seem to find the time to actually get them done LOL. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...