Saturday, November 30, 2013

Time is flying...

Tomorrow is December 1...SERIOUSLY??? It totally feels like yesterday was August. I knew this fall would fly by as we had big decisions to make and it really has flown by...now it's only 2 1/2 weeks until we have to be fully ready to say goodbye to our home...I don't think we'll be fully ready mentally or emotionally...but hopefully logistically and physically we will be. Yesterday and today I have started actually packing things into bins and suitcases...1 bin ready to go in the van for Canada, and 1 suitcase ready to stay here for someone to bring to us in the near future with a team hopefully. The girls have asked to help pack which to me is a healthy good sign so they can process and talk as we go..and even Nolan was trying to figure out the confusion why things are going here or there. We have told him Mr. Ernie and Mrs. Diane are coming to move into this house so certain stuff is staying for them, and other things we have to pack to bring to our new home, and yet other things we need to give away or sell. Today he asked if Brady was coming to our new home too and was so sad and not impressed when I told him that no, Brady couldn't come, but we'll talk to him on the computer. So yes, the kids are all processing life in different ways and we are so glad we told them months ago about this move already. We have had so many awesome opportunities to talk it through with them, share with them when we are stressed, sad, scared, worried, etc and just be honest with them through this process rather than tip toeing around talking about it. We have had many tears shed all together and lots of exciting dreams shared as well. We have already said our first goodbyes but many more are coming in the next short while. We appreciate your prayers.


A highlight ending our time here was being able to be part of one last staff retreat last weekend in Bucerias...just north of Nuevo Vallarta/Puerto Vallarta. It was a different focus than others years and it was more like a spiritual retreat which we both really needed. A time to just "be" with God one on one and as a group at different times. One day was focused on giving the ladies a full day retreat and the next was for the men. God gave me so much peace and refound joy in life and I could let the rest of life just disappear for 5 days. I was amazed how my mind barely thought of the whole moving process or my dentist nightmares, and I could just enjoy the kids (even though Nolan was sick the whole time and Emma for part of it), LeRoy, and friends. It was a great break before craziness began with our last few weeks here.

During their "reflection time" of our morning scripture/stories
Travis and Stephanie guided the kids creatively.
The kids got to enjoy ocean/pool time daily

Starting off the morning with worship singing and prayer

Dentist nightmares...I have always had this nightmare of my teeth suddenly breaking or falling out...well..i had a tooth break in half literally while eating one day a couple weeks ago. Right around the same time a tooth on the other side started hurting. So 4 weeks before leaving Mexico I had 2 root canals begun!!!! I'm in the middle of my appts...I think they have more appts here so they can be shorter (for me that's totally fine!!!). And it's just a nightmare. I have to tell myself my "secret word" that I share with God to keep me relaxed through the appt and I just can hardly wait till it's all over. These teeth had cavities inside that weren't visible to the outside...anyone heard of that? That's why my one tooth broke, and the other one was hurting. So my dentist is concerned i have more teeth like that...which may mean more root canals once we're in Canada...i really hope not. I have to tell myself not to think of that otherwise I just get scared to the point of shaking. You see, going to the dentist is my worst phobia. Nobody likes going, I mean what is there to like. But I seriously shake in the chair while they are working almost the whole time. I'm just terrified!!! Anyways...had to get that off my chest to someone other than LeRoy.:)

I feel a bit like I've been rambling...but I told myself that even though I feel I have no time to blog right now, it helps clear my mind.

The next 2 weeks will be filled with a few more dentist appts (LeRoy also had 2 wisdom teeth pulled yesterday), outings with friends as farewells, last staff mtg, not wanting to say no to anything but knowing I need to say no to some things so i can get us ready to leave, tons of packing and doing all the things we need to close off our bills here and sign our names off of things, close off last responsibilities like being treasurer for the team....what else am I missing..oh yeah...i'm told we need to celebrate my birthday as well even though I said we should just skip it this year since we're so busy. haha

Our kids are each fighting a bit of health stuff as well...Nolan is still battling a bit of a cold but seems to be almost over it, Brooklyn is fighting the same cold and if isn't better soon we'll head to the doctor, and Emma is on her 2nd round of antibiotics for a bladder infection. Please pray that we all can be healthy when it's time for our travels.

Okay enough for today:) Hope you all have a great start to the Christmas season!!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...