Monday, January 20, 2014

Starting to settle in....

I realized the last post I put up was 5 days before we left our home, and now it's already Jan. 20....I have been meaning to write, but emotions and thoughts are hard to put into words most of the time when I have a chance to sit...which so far hasn't been too much. Yesterday was 1 month since we said goodbye to our home in Mexico. Travels all went smoothly other than weather storms thrown our way but we made it to my parents in time for Christmas. We spent 2 weeks living with my family, then moved into our new home here in Steinbach. We have now been in this place for 2 weeks and it is SLOWLY feeling like our home inside these walls. It still feels weird to be out and about at different stores, but with time it'll feel like home too. We have seen a few friends but haven't been too busy even with getting together with others...moving back is very different that way than going on furlough. Today I was thinking that if this was furlough we'd be half done already we would have been so busy with no time to breathe. It's been a great balance of friends, family, and just time to ourselves to unpack, settle in, and spend time with each other and the kids. LeRoy and the kids have done a LOT of playing outside...almost every day.

Next Monday we plan to leave to go visit LeRoy's family for a few weeks. We are really looking forward to seeing his family as some of them we haven't seen in over a year or even over 2 years. We'll get there in time to celebrate Emma's 6th birthday with them.

And just like that my thoughts have already jumbled, and not sure where to go from here, so I will leave it at that for now. I do hope to keep writing here, but really not sure what I would keep writing about and really how much time I want to prioritize to the computer. So we shall see:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...