Monday, February 20, 2012

Sick is not fun

We have had our share of sickness go through our house in the past month. It started with me being hit hard with some kind of virus and infection in my chest (we wonder if bronchitis but the doctors here just say throat infection). I was in bed for a few days with full body aches, pains and coughing, before finally slowly improving. But it took almost 2 weeks until I felt back to normal. I hadn't been that sick in years. And then a few days later Nolan and Emma were hit with much the same thing, just with variations. Nolan had high fever (40) for a few days so when we went to the doctor he was given a suppository to bring the fever down quickly. We had never heard of that being done but it sure worked quickly which was a relief. By the time that doctor visit was over, between Emma and Nolan we had to balance 8 different drugs for the next week. BUT, one of Nolan's drugs were making him bounce off the walls in the unsettling sense so we guessed which one and took him off of that. It made a huge difference. During all this time as well Brooklyn continued to battle ear infections, and still has it a bit but it is under control and she can hear perfectly well again. LeRoy also fought some kind of cold or virus, but thankfully it didn't keep him under the weather very long, and we were still able to go on with life.

It definitely is not fun being sick, but I find for myself I need those times too so I learn once again to depend on others and God more. I sure wish it didn't have to be so long drawn out for me, nor so painful and uncomfortable, but hey...I guess it was just my turn.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...