Well, we got what we had wished for and I can hardly wait until it's over. I have told myself over and over I am not allowed to complain about how tired I am physically and mentally because I wanted this to happen. Emma is finishing day 4 of the chicken pox and poor girl is miserable. It's good to see the spots all looking uglier as that seems to be the sign they are slowly healing and looking like they should...the beginning of scabbing. But there are also more spots showing up. The timing isn't the greatest with us hosting a youth group starting late Friday night, but I am glad that it's here and we can have it over with for her sake in the long run. Also we are hoping Nolan gets it yet so he can be done with it as well. Like I said though, timing isn't the greatest, but we will work with what God is giving us. I have been so frustrated at times with not knowing how to ease Emma's itchiness and pain but I feel so privileged that I can be the person to help her through this. I am the only one she wants touching her spots with itch meds and it is kinda special that way. She hates the baths to soothe the itch and it doesn't seem to help her which is odd. We have found a rythm that seems to work for her, and that even includes lots of movies to keep her mind off her spots. I know, too many movies isn't good...but it's for a time and we're going to do what helps during times like these. The other night was a long night of barely any sleep for her, or us as we took turns staying with her...that night even included a movie at 4 in the morning. And then the next night Emma and I had a freezie party late in the evening. Even during times of sickness good memories can be made. Today I surprised the girls each with a Barbie just because. It was so precious seeing the glowing happiness on a red spotted face.
I've been learning in the last couple of weeks how often I just try to get through the day, week, or even hour. I don't want to live like that. I want to ENJOY every day, week, hour. Of course life isn't always enjoyable, like watching your kid in pain due to Chicken Pox, but it's having joy while taking care of them and the mundane things in life. Doing EVERYTHING for the Glory of God. Because of this learning experience, I can honestly say that I am LOVING having this time with Emma...all the cuddles and comforting she needs, special treats to help her through...but I would sure love a long night sleep IN MY BED!!! haha And I can hardly wait to see her healthy again and not have to look into her droopy tired eyes, and to be able to cuddle her with not being so careful it might hurt her.
I want to get a picture of her yet...why is it us moms like having pics of kids covered in spots? I don't get it, but still want it. I doubt I am the only mom like this;)
2 comments:
...can't wait till (we hear again) that she's up to pinching & nagging her little brother too:) She's got quite the character.
Go Emma!!!
Praying for you sweetie!!
Grandma R.
That does not sound easy, but it is good that you are making memories (hopefully you are getting some pictures).
I am trying to plan special things for me and the girls these next few weeks as Trevor is away, not easy or fun either, but we'll be making some memories too.
Miss you Faith!
Hugs,
Jody
Post a Comment