Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School Cake

When the kids begin their school year it's tradition that I make them some kind of cake. This time it was just easy, decorate while in the pan, buttercream icing, SIMPLE!! And they were surprised and loved it. 

Those are 2 apples in case you can't tell. haha


Instead of just a normal looking cake inside, I decided to try the fun marbled look. So I bought a Confetti cake (I find it has more flavor than just plain vanilla), mixed it up normally, and then divided it into 3 bowls. I colored them 3 different colours, layered them in the pan, used a knife to make a marble affect and voila. It was a fun surprise for the girls when I took a piece out.


When it's a special occasion we let the girls pick whatever part of the cake they want, so after we all had a piece the cake looked like this. Shows a bit more of the marbled cake look:) I'll definitely do this colored cake idea again sometime. I've also seen it on Pinterest as a layered Rainbow type cake. Might be worth a try:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...