This is a bit late, but oh well. Friday, February 15, LeRoy and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary!!!! Wow, what a milestone. It's sad to think so many don't make it to 10 years, and I think that's maybe why it's so exciting that we did. So, how did we celebrate?
For the past few years we have been saving for this anniversary, and to celebrate in Europe. But, that just isn't workable at this season of our lives, so we'll continue to dream towards that trip. So, a week earlier we dropped the kids off with Dallas and Tara to have a couple nights at a hotel in the city here. A short little getaway that was just perfect. We enjoyed nice meals with the luxury of being able to visit while we ate:) We enjoyed a movie out, a bit of shopping, a massage at the local spa for me, and time to just relax and read in our room. I think one of the best parts was that it was the first time, that both of us missed our kids from the moment we dropped them off. So even though it was needed and amazing break from the kids, we were so excited to pick them up 2 days later. Unfortunately, I have no pics from our time away, as I rarely remember we have a camera anymore. haha
So on the day of our anniversary, was pretty much like a normal day, but after the kids were in bed we enjoyed a supper to ourselves. While even just at home, is quite a treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment