Saturday, July 3, 2010

...

Of course I am up at this time of night, what else would I want to do..NOT!! I am counting down these days of sleeplessness, until I can be sleepless with my little man. Since I can't sleep anyway, I would rather be cuddling, feeding, and changing a baby. Although I am one who loved those nighttime bonding hours with my girls. So here I sit, wishing I could sleep, and forcing my self to write something down. Maybe it will help me...clear my head so I can sleep. Although I don't know what's keeping me from sleeping. But I never do. Tonight though instead of being awake by myself, I hear LeRoy still up visiting with a friend who is staying the night here with his family.

Tomorrow I get to hang out and relax with Tara and her boys again. The guys have a meeting all day with the CEMM directiva, which means we hang out here with the kids. Way easier keeping the kids here than all trying to go to the meeting and trying to get something out of it. So tomorrow is..hopefully..a really fun day..depending on how much sleep I can get tonight. In the evening our church is throwing us a baby shower:) We feel quite special that they are doing this, even while knowing it is common for baby showers to happen. Every child born gets one, doesn't matter if you are not the first born like back home. And since this one is a boy, it helps us out a lot too. The shower is for men and kids too, so it's a family affair. Brooklyn is probably the most excited, knowing it's a party for her brother. And that there will most likely be presents that she can help open.

This week has been exhausting for me, in every possible way. When we hear of exciting news from family that makes us wish we could be there...to meet a brother's girlfriend for example...it really makes us miss home. And for me this week it hit me a bit harder. Knowing how much we are missing out on. We have been busy getting VBS ready which has also taken its toll on me. And then there's just the little fact of being over 8 months pregnant and physically worn out. I think being pregnant with 2 kids away from family support makes a huge difference. You are way more tired if ever in that situation. You can't get breaks like you normally could. Having a husband working from home does help, but your husband still has to work, even if at home.

My husband...he has been absolutely amazing for me. He has seen in the last couple weeks especially how tired and worn out I am becoming and is making sure I take time for extra rest and be more careful with what I do, what and who I carry, etc. I am sometimes even told I can't carry Emma. That's when I pout even though I can feel in my muscles I really shouldn't be carrying her. He is up almost every morning with the kids, getting them breakfast, just so I can get that little bit of extra rest that may help me for the day. Most days I am given the chance for a short nap at some point..even if right after supper. Some days I feel like I get nothing done, but then he reminds me that I took care of 2 kids and that's a lot to do. Who cares if I got nothing cleaned or put away. I do have to say I have a wonderful husband, and I have no idea what I would do without him.

Maybe now it's time to sleep again...might work now if this heartburn would just go away. haha oh the joys of pregnancy:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...