One way to get rid of blog readers is to stop blogging. And I sure hope I haven't just done that. I know it's been a crazy long time since I've last written, but now finally I sit and write. So...it may be a long one. Where to start...
My brother and his fiancee came down to visit us for Christmas which was an AMAZING time. We had a great Christmas with them, not feeling as lonely, hanging out, visiting, playing a game while AJ mocked it to know end which really just made it more fun, and some touring around the city. BUT we couldn't do too much touring as to an injury that happened the first day they were here. Daphne managed to thoroughly twist, tear, damage...AJ what's the right term to use?...her ankle so could hardly walk for the first couple of days being here. It was a bummer but we made the best of it. The second day they were here AJ and LeRoy went to a bike trail close by and returned within the hour due to AJ going head over the handlebars into a pile of rocks. So now it's a joke that they'll never want to return. The kids fell in love with their Uncle AJ once again and their new auntie.
The last few weeks since Christmas have been filled with trying to get back into routine. Other than ministry work I have been trying to clean up after the usual Christmas mess of organizing all the new gifts, general clean-up, and trying to just organize life once again. All good things, but things that just have to get done. We were able to have a few get-togethers with local friends here, some spur of the moment, which hasn't happened in a very long time. We have quite enjoyed it.
The kids maybe need a bit of an update on each of them, so here goes...
Brooklyn
She has battled with her health this winter, and thankfully we see she's maybe at the end of it. And we'll pray she's not hit with something else yet too. It started with possible allergies in November that last almost 2 months. She then had a few weeks break before she was hit with an ear infection. She is now almost done her 3rd set of 3 meds each...all different kinds of meds. She has been such a trooper. It's been hard on her and us, but she has been mostly happy through it all thankfully. She has been off from school since December 20, and finally will start again this coming Monday. 3 weeks off...she and I are ready for her to start again. All week she has been asking how many more sleeps until she can go to school again. It's so exciting to see her excitement. This last week we have noticed that she misses learning new things. I'm realizing that this year she's going to be 5...this may just be the hardest birthday for me...she's growing up:(
Emma
I never really know what to say about Emma. She's our clown and our child that just seems to try everything even after being hurt once. She says things without realizing how funny she is, which makes her really confused when LeRoy, Brooklyn and I are all laughing at her. She has had a way easier winter than Brooklyn. She only battled a cough for a few days, and a fever for one. She's also a drama queen but I think that maybe comes with turning 3 which she'll do at the end of this month. I think that Emma too needs Brooklyn to go to school, needs some of her own space again. haha I'm completely drawing a blank on what else to say about this kid. Ay Emma...what we all say to her because of things she does.
Nolan
Our growing boy has in the past few weeks, rolled over twice (but won't move at all otherwise), learned to sit (but still in the tipsy stage), and has started some baby cereal. He's a jolly boy, with lots of smiles, but hardly any laughs as he thinks he can't make noise for some reason. I think he's now getting better with sleeping at night due to having one bottle before bed. Nolan really is a very easy baby...content as can be. I don't want him to grow up at all of course...he's in my favorite age right now. But at the same time, I am so curious as to who he will be in a few months, and years. Will he be like Brooklyn or Emma...as his sisters are so completely different. My guess, is that he'll be so completely different from them both...how is that possible?
Our kids love each other to pieces...even during those fights of theirs. It's so amazing to see them growing up as friends and siblings, their love hate relationship they have...I sure hope that stays all the days of their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment