Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Fun

This past weekend we got to have Dallas, Tara and their boys over. We always look forward to having friends over for us and our kids. They came Friday so we enjoyed an evening of playing games..which always involves good conversation, and laughs as we wait forever at times for people to take their turns. Saturday involved an almost all day meeting for the guys, so us moms stayed back with the 6 kids and enjoyed the day decorating cookies, relaxing with some Gilmore Girls while the kids napped, and of course meeting the guys for their lunch break for some good burgers:) The evening held a worship practice at church, for the men once again, so we enjoyed a nice girls night including a chick flick while all 6 kids slept (or pretended to sleep in between their hollering). Sunday involved a decision that needed to be made whether or not LeRoy would follow up on his offer and bus to El Paso overnight with Dallas to keep him company on the long journey to get their van that was stuck their until recently. They ended up going which left me and Tara once again alone with all 6 kids. But it was a lot of fun. The guys left at 11 at night, we went to bed, woke up, I brought Brooklyn to school, came home, and then we made...

Baby Food 101
Nolan began baby cereal almost 1 month ago already, yes at 5 months old. And now he's ready for some other real food. And since Tara's baby Brady will be starting solids in about a month or so, we figured it'd be fun to make baby food together. It's so easy to do, really doesn't even take too much time, and not to mention so much healthier than buying baby food...and it's cheaper. In the freezer I now have peas, green beans, pears, carrots, and pumpkin (was made in fall for baking but now will be for Nolan) to last over a month. Here are some pictures to show our process...

The cuties that get to eat the delicious food we made.

First we steam the veggies..

Then we blend it up using the wonderful Magic Bullet..
And lastly we put this mush into ice cube trays for nice serving sizes.
Tomorrow I'll be heading to the kids' doctor once again with Brooklyn, and this time Nolan too. I can't even count how many doctor's visits we've had since the end of October..more specifically for just Brooklyn..but when something is wrong and it's not just a normal cold or something..you just have to go, especially with a kid. This time it looks like these 2 children of mine may have eye infections. I'm scared to think what might be next for Brooklyn. All my kids are so happy these days, but when there are puss in the eyes, even with no pain or itchiness...we just better head to the doctor. And Brooklyn's coughing again, which makes us even more sure she has winter allergies so hopefully the doctor can tell me we can give her some of the meds we already have to help with that. I just have to tell myself, that even though I'm constantly concerned over their health, every time I hear Brooklyn cough and such, they are still such happy kids. With Nolan I guess I'll get him his 6 month check-up right away since we'll be there, and then he can get his next needles next week. Oh joy...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...