That's right, it is now time to start putting my blogging into a higher priority once again. I know many of you are/were wondering when I would start again...you don't have to wait any longer:)
Only 2 more sleeps until we say our final goodbyes here in La Crete:( It will be hard ones not only because of saying goodbye to mom and dad, but knowing that this is the last of Canada, and also that we leave sick loved ones behind.
We have been here at LeRoy's parents for 2 weeks now and we have been BUSY!!!!! We thought we were busy before....LeRoy has spent 8 days (8 farmer days which means at least 14 hours and some were probably like 18 hours) on the combine while I have been in the house running after my wonderful rug-rats, getting food ready for my rug-rats, however many men were on the field, and try not to forget that I needed to eat too. I was SO THANKFUL for 2 sister-in-laws here who did a bunch of cooking for me, and for many others who brought food over so I at least didn't have to cook anything from scratch just lots of heating up food. Now, some maybe are asking...."where is mom in this picture"? That's where the hardest mental stress comes in as she has been sick. 3 days after we got here, after seeing her just lying around cause she couldn't do anything due to extreme pain, she ended up in the hospital for 5 days. We were/are so thankful when she could finally come back home but still has been almost on bed-rest since. So, that is why I have been BUSY the past 2 weeks...I now know what it would be like to be a farmer's wife with 3 little kids at home. And I have to say, it was exhausting, but still so much fun. And we have been so glad that we could be here during this time helping mom and dad out. We weren't sure how they were going to go on after we leave, without the extra help, but today heard that many more meals are on their way from their church. What a blessing!!
I do hope to keep you at least a bit updated as we travel south, but that just may depend on how much fun we have:) Here is what our itinerary is looking like so far.
Wednesday - Drive to southern Edmonton
Thursday - Drive to Great Falls, MT
Friday - Drive to Salt Lake City, UT
Saturday - Drive to Moab, UT to see the famous Arches National Park
Sunday - Enjoy the day in Moab
Monday - Drive to Albuquerque, NM???
Tuesday - Drive to El Paso
Wednesday - Drive to Torreon, MX - please pray as we buy tourist visas and cross the border
Thursday - Final day of driving to Guadalajara and join our team:)
Yes, we have a LONG road trip ahead of us, and we are excited about it. Yes, even with 3 kids. They are amazing travellers and we have so much fun as our little family in our van. It's our space, our time, to make memories on another FAMILY ADVENTURE!!!!
1 comment:
have a good time at Moab + Arches
We were there in Feb 2010
Norm+Em Rempel
Post a Comment