This week has felt busy, but most of it is planning in my head for excitement coming up. My parents arrive Friday in time for supper and Saturday we celebrate Emma's 4th birthday with a big bash:) So we are making sure we have everything we need for the party, get ready to have my parents here with us, and look forward to showing my parents our city here...all around actual work that is:)
Also other excitement is that we have a new member to our family:) I was the least excited but finally was convinced...and I have to say I am enjoying having a new pet. We are now owners of a Tibetan Terrier, 1 1/2 years old. She was given to us by a new friend of LeRoy's so it was hard to pass up this free offer. The kids are LOVING her after 1 day, and Nolan is finally not terrified of her. Hopefully we continue to enjoy having her around and getting to know how to train her. So far she is an excellent dog and adorable I have to say. I'll have to get a picture...black, more hair than I'd like, but doesn't shed too much.
Today we had Kids Games again and every week seems to be different but good. The majority of the kids are repeats which is awesome to see and gives us opportunities to build more relationships with them. And it's good to see some parents come out as well to see what we're teaching and to visit after.
Tomorrow Tara and I along with 4 other women in our coto are going for breakfast, with potentially the subject of starting a Bible study being a topic of conversation. These are women that I have met several times or not at all, and Tara has met with several times as well so we are praying for an opportunity right here to share God's love.
LeRoy has had a great connection with a man who works at a bike shop close by, who is actually the one who gave us our dog. This past week he had the opportunity to pray with him as he broke down with LeRoy not knowing what to do with a situation in his life.
There are different people and connection that we have had that we are grateful for and God has really put them on our hearts. Please pray with us for the people around us that they will want more and have a true hunger for God.
No comments:
Post a Comment