Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brooklyn's Update

How was school today? Good

Tell me a story of something that happened at school. We got to watch a video of Elijah. We saw him go with a horse of fire and it took him up to heaven. And he didn't die, never.

How was the dentist yesterday? Very good.

What did they do to your mouth? They put a Lip Bumper on.

What is a Lip Bumper? I don't know how to explain it. 

That's okay, I'll tell the people yet. Does it hurt today? No.

Is it uncomfortable? No.

Does it hurt when you eat? A little bit.

Are you still scared with it in your mouth? Yes.

What are you scared about? That when I eat it's going to hurt.

Is God giving you strength to help you? Yes.

Anything else you want to say? No.

Yesterday Brooklyn had her Lip Bumper put on and she did really well. A Lip Bumper is a permanent brace type thing that'll help her lower jaw grow to make room for more teeth. She has 2 coming in very crooked already. She'll have this for the next 9-12 months, with adjustments monthly. Before bed and this morning was the worse so far as she's scared to eat, that it might hurt. But otherwise she's doing great with it. We can tell that she is uncomfortable, but she's really being brave about it all. We sure are proud of her.

Brooklyn's Lip Bumper...it is attached to her back molars.
The inner wire pushes on her teeth to move them out.
The outer wire and "bumper" keep the pressure from her lips and
cheeks off, allowing space for the jaw to grow bigger.


1 comment:

Angela S. Dueck said...

Hey Faith,
I'm pretty sure I had a lip bumper when I was younger too. I never remembered what it was called so I always called it a retainer-type thing. I had it on my upper jaw and had to get it adjusted regularly. I had multiple things in my mouth (at different times) to make my upper jaw wider. I saw an orthodontist since I was eight because my jaw was really bad and the last time I saw him was last year during Christmas break. I know kind of what Brooklyn is going through with the whole teeth hurting thing but it's worth it in the end.
Angela

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...