Dentists are good, and we need them...but going to the dentist is my phobia, so LeRoy has taken the responsibility to go with the kids, but it's not fun at all, and we're so tired of taking them. With our girls it feels like an endless train of appts as they have both inherited bad teeth from LeRoy and I. We have been told they both have soft enamel which is allows more cavities, which also means root canals have been already done on Brooklyn's teeth, and Emma's are starting to show more problems as well. Last week she was complaining about a tooth ache, so LeRoy brought her in to check it out. Turns out the cavity was already so deep that they aren't sure a simple filling will do the trick. We are hoping this simple filling will be enough, otherwise the dentist will have to do a root canal. I right away feel like such a horrible mom as if I maybe didn't do a good enough job taking care of their teeth, but I have to tell myself that some people have good teeth, and some have bad...and bad teeth just run in our family...maybe Nolan will be lucky and get the good teeth.
Brooklyn also is in the middle of appts to get a Lip Bumper (actual name) permanently put into her lower jaw to help her get more space for new teeth coming in. She'll have it up to 1 year, and we're told if she has it now it could prevent the need for braces. She'll go in on Tuesday and have it put in. So far she's pretty excited to have some attention on this I think..but we'll see how it is after when she's in pain and discomfort. It could be a very tough week helping her get used to it, but maybe it's a good week as there's birthday excitement in the house as well:)
Going to the dentists has always been a huge battle with our girls, but now they seem to be catching on that it's just something in life that really sucks but has to be done. So that is making these appts somewhat easier thankfully. But because of it being a battle I have no pictures of them at the dentists ever, which I kinda wish I had. Oh well...some day they won't care one bit anyway whether there's a picture or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment